Sunday, March 13, 2005

What the hell?

I know! A blog about blogs! It's crazy!

But as we're all accumulate blogs and photo sites and so forth, I think it'll nifty to have a way to post about cool updates, recent entries, and the usual. Plus, I'm sick of having to check eight thousand sites to see if they've been updated -- I know I can use an RSS feed reader, but my laziness has limits. Hence, a Blog Collective that can serve to unite us and inform the world of our excellence. See Damn Hell Ass Kings to see exactly what we're ripping off here.

You got a website or weblog and you wanna join in? Cool. Here's the way this can work. Simply email me or find some other way to tell me that you want in on this crazy group blog thing. Then I'll invite you to join. Perhaps later we'll get more restrictive with who can join (keeping this for those who are more closely connected), but for right now anyone's fair game.

Then, once a day or whenever you get around to updating, just post an entry to this blog about the latest updates to your blog. This is super-easy, especially if you use BlogThis! -- just put the name of your blog as the post title, and then in the content section of the blog, just write a summary/teaser of whatever you want to post, along with a link to the site. See my first entry for clarification.

Right now, the sidebar reflects a vague sampling of the blogs I know about. Please inform me if you would also like to be added there. Later on, if people end up digging this idea, I'll spring for a domain name and cooler technology. There are a ton of cool applications for this site. New Mosquito Circus radio shows can be announced here. Cash Milliondollars strips can be posted. Think of it as a public showcase of our talents and oddities. Imagine the masses, coming to worship at our feet.

Or, you know, waking up in the morning and having just a little less blog-surfing to do.

Whatever works for you.